Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Preclinical Group
Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines with a focus on unlocking the powerful self-renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Surrozen was founded by five leading-edge scientists: K. Christopher Garcia, Ph.D., Roel Nusse, Ph.D. and Calvin Kuo, M.D., Ph.D. from Stanford University; Claudia Janda, Ph.D. from the Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology; and Hans Clevers, M.D, Ph.D. from the Hubrecht Institute and Princess Maxima Center. Each has conducted extensive research on Wnt signaling, with findings that together shape Surrozen’s technology and approach to therapeutic development.
This position is a great opportunity for both experienced associates to expand their skills to accelerate therapeutics discovery for regenerative medicine, and for energetic new graduates with passion for Biotech research in an industrial setting.
- Help develop and implement disease and injury models for characterization of lead molecules
- Following pre-established experimental protocols
- Maintaining detailed and accurate records
- Analyzing data and interpreting results
- Performing basic laboratory procedures, including ordering, preparation and handling of reagents
- Conducting literature searches for Wnt biology and disease indications
- Conducting independent in vivo studies and contributing to collaborative activities
- Performing tissue sample analysis, such as clinical biochemistry, ELISA, qPCR and histology
- Previous relevant lab experience and supporting references
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Clear, effective written and verbal communication
- Reliable availability for limited weekend work
- Flexibility for assuming some husbandry work
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in biology or a related field
- Previous experience with tissue repair preclinical models
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the SSF Ferry
- State of the art research facility complete with bowling alley and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove: http://leasing.covessf.com/toc.cfm