Scientist, Discovery Biology
Surrozen is an innovative biopharmaceutical startup founded by Drs. Chris Garcia, Roel Nusse, Calvin Kuo and Claudia Janda, world-leading scientists from Stanford University. The company is focused on harnessing the Wnt pathway to identify novel therapeutics for regenerative medicine, leveraging breakthrough insights from our founders in protein engineering, stem cell dynamics, and fundamental Wnt biology. Funded by The Column Group, a leading biotech venture capital firm, Surrozen is poised for robust growth and offers a stimulating work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and an attractive relocation program.
Surrozen is seeking a creative, self-motivated individual with a passion for experimental science to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on cutting edge science and take part in building an exciting, science driven company.
- Biochemical assay and cell-based assay development and validation
- Expression profiling to inform drug candidate profiles
- Target identification and validation
- In vitro pharmacology and in vitro model development and validation
- Mechanism of action studies
- Collaborate closely with a fully integrated team to make key decisions on program progression
- Implement and develop novel organoid culture systems for use in disease modeling
- PhD in Development Biology, Stem Cell Biology, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics or related disciplines
- Well versed in the latest cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Significant experience probing complex cellular signaling pathways
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals
- We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team
- Excellent benefits, including competitive employer contributions
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the SSF Ferry
- State of the art research facility complete with bowling alley and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove).