Scientist, Discovery Biology
Surrozen is a biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing novel regenerative medicines with a focus on unlocking the powerful self-renewal properties of the body through specific control of the Wnt signaling pathway.
Surrozen was founded by five leading-edge scientists: K. Christopher Garcia, Ph.D., Roel Nusse, Ph.D. and Calvin Kuo, M.D., Ph.D. from Stanford University; Claudia Janda, Ph.D. from the Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology; and Hans Clevers, M.D, Ph.D. from the Hubrecht Institute and Princess Maxima Center. Each has conducted extensive research on Wnt signaling, with findings that together shape Surrozen’s technology and approach to therapeutic development.
We are seeking a creative, self-motivated individual with a passion for experimental science to join our team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on cutting edge science and take part in building an exciting, science driven company.
- Biochemical assay and cell-based assay development and validation
- Expression profiling to inform drug candidate profiles
- Target identification and validation
- In vitro pharmacology and in vitro model development and validation
- Mechanism of action studies
- Collaborate closely with a fully integrated team to make key decisions on program progression
- Implement and develop novel organoid culture systems for use in disease modeling
- PhD in Development Biology, Stem Cell Biology, Cell & Molecular Biology, Genetics or related disciplines
- Well versed in the latest cellular and molecular biology techniques
- Significant experience probing complex cellular signaling pathways
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong publication record in top tier journals
- We offer a dynamic start-up environment and a collaborative, passionate team
- Excellent benefits, including competitive employer contributions
- Stock options
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Shuttle service to/from Caltrain, BART and the SSF Ferry
- State of the art research facility complete with bowling alley and onsite gym (see the amenities available at The Cove).